Described by former colleagues as a ‘project management machine’, I am methodical, meticulous and driven.
My strengths are:
- Assembling a project team with the critical skills and expertise to ensure that projects are well-balanced and resilient.
- Development of robust and thorough project documentation to support successful and timely delivery.
- Assessing, identifying and mitigating risks and barriers to project completion.
- Creating clear communication and engagement materials to deliver messages with impact in the most effective way for the target audience.
Continuing professional development is a priority for me. As well as regular reading and learning to keep my skills and knowledge up to date and relevant, I have also completed a Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare Leadership and I am currently studying a Master of Science degree in Systems Thinking in Practice.
I combine my practical experience of systemic change management and traditional project management methodologies with academic knowledge of Healthcare Leadership and Systems Thinking in Practice. I provide a thorough holistic inquiry into the situation of concern to develop a ‘picture’ of the situation, listening to the stories of the people involved and understanding different perspectives. I then work with stakeholders to facilitate co-design of a way forward which makes sense for their particular circumstances. This may involve some or all of these elements:
- Initial scoping and mapping of the situation of concern to identify stakeholders, and develop and understanding of interdependencies and the boundaries and environment within which the situation sits.
- Stakeholder engagement and analysis to facilitate group learning about the situation of concern, through meetings and workshops, capturing and reflecting back stories, and using systems diagramming to explore influence and multiple causes within systems.
- Facilitate co-design of emergent next steps working closely with stakeholders to ensure investment in driving forward the agreed changes.
- Project management of change processes, adapting and responding to feedback from within the system and its surrounding environment so that the project is constantly co-evolving with the system.
Education & cpd
- MSc Systems Thinking in Practice (Started 2019)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare Leadership – Passed with Merit (2017)
- Institute of Leadership and Management Level 3 (2012)
- NVQ Business and Administration Level 3 (2010)
- NHS Horizons, School for Change Agents – online programme (2020)
- Society for Editors and Proofreaders, Proofreading1: Introduction – online programme (2019)
- NHS England, Patient and Public Voice Partner Training – two day residential (2018)
- Skills Development Network, An Understanding of NHS Procurement – day course (2018)
- Skills Development Network, An Understanding of NHS Finance – day course (2018)
‘I’ve had the pleasure of working with Louise on a number of projects now, and have been hugely impressed at her quiet determination to improve healthcare for our populations. She has a great overview of how different interventions can support different groups, can communicate effectively to get the information she needs to complete a project workstream and produces high quality reports with clear recommendations.’
Local Maternity System Programme Lead
Humber, Coast and Vale Health and Care Partnership
'I’ve known Louise professionally for about 8 years and worked with her on individual funding requests and on developing commissioning statements and pathways. Her calm and thoughtful approach has always been a pleasure and her quiet but determined focus on outcomes has yielded timely and effective results.'
Dr Alison Forrester
Healthcare Public Health Advisor
NHS Vale of York CCG